The Water Corporation should by late 2014:
- include undetected leakage from pipes as a factor in its pipe replacement planning and investment decisions
- take a risk based approach to ensure pipe references to original construction drawings and survey field books are contained in its spatial information system
- review how information on leaks and bursts and from its leak detection program could be better linked across its IT systems
- make gathering information about the location of leaks and bursts mandatory and regularly check to see that it is being gathered
- review how information and learning about larger incidents of leaks and bursts could be better captured and disseminated to ensure lessons are learnt and resulting actions are followed up.