By 30 June 2017:
- Housing, BMW and Treasury should ensure full information on strategies for protection of payments to subcontractors is made publicly available to inform contractors looking for work of government requirements
- Treasury and Housing should set clear standards for financial information, weighting of financial capacity, currency of business risk assessments and recording of risk strategies, to inform decisions on awarding contracts
- Treasury should develop a facility for subcontractors to submit complaints online, and improve its systems for subcontractor complaints about non-payment to track and manage complaints
- BCITF should formalise communication protocols with BMW, Treasury and Housing for sharing of information about government construction projects to monitor payment of the BCITF levy
- the Building Commission and the Department of Finance should liaise with their respective Ministers to determine whether the 2 unassigned SBDC recommendations are to be addressed.