The Governor appoints the Auditor General under the Auditor General Act 2006. The OAG is a department of the public sector under the Public Sector Management Act 1994.
As the accountable authority, the Auditor General must discharge responsibilities under the Financial Management Act 2006.
We have processes and controls in place to ensure that we comply with all state and Commonwealth legislation and regulations that affect our activities, including laws affecting agencies and activities subject to audit by the Auditor General. The following laws have a direct impact on our operations:
- Auditor General Act 2006
- Disability Services Act 1993
- Equal Opportunity Act 1984
- Financial Management Act 2006
- Freedom of Information Act 1992
- Industrial Relations Act 1979
- Minimum Conditions of Employment Act 1993
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984
- Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003
- Public Sector Management Act 1994
- Salaries and Allowances Act 1975
- State Records Act 2000
- State Supply Commission Act 1991
- Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981.