Looking to be a graduate whose work matters?
The Office of the Auditor General serves the public interest by providing Parliament with independent and impartial information about public sector accountability and performance.
The work we do matters to more than 2.6 million people living in Western Australia, and with 180 State government and 148 local government entities to audit, there is plenty of variety in assignments.
You can be apart of this and the unique opportunities we offer our people.
As a graduate financial auditor with our Office you will receive:
- intensive induction training
- financial support, leave, tutoring and practical experience for qualified accountant status
- ongoing structured formal and informal professional development
- work/life balance with flexible leave and working arrangements
- a public sector career pathway
- a competitive remuneration package
- exposure to interesting, varied and rewarding work.
Completion of the program opens opportunities in financial, information systems, compliance and performance auditing.
The Office of the Auditor General is a Recognised Knowledge Partner of CPA Australia and a Recognised Training Employer with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
What are we looking for?
Successful candidates will have:
- recently completed a relevant degree
- a qualification that meets CPA or CAANZ requirements for Associate Membership
- a competitive course average in accounting and auditing
- availability to commence early February
- a commitment to the Office’s values
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- a demonstrated ability to manage tasks, achieve results and build relationships.
If successful, you will be offered:
- a 12 month contract with a starting salary of $66,256 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- permanent appointment subject to satisfactory performance
- promotional opportunities.
Want to find out more?
Read our graduate frequently asked questions.
Interested in applying?
We open applications in May each year for the following year’s graduate program, which starts in February.
For more information, contact our Human Resources team on 6557 7500.