Our work matters. Will yours?
In the last 12 months we have:
- recognised that better planning, sustained funding and cooperation of local government is needed for a safe and viable cycle network
- used data analytics to identify errors and over-payments amongst millions of government transactions
- enhanced accountability and transparency to Parliament and the public by identifying and reporting significant government transactions
- identified serious high value weaknesses in the management of a major computing contract
- found at least 3,000 hours of operating theatre time was feasibly available to treat many more patients
- recommended improvement in the management of $3.1 billion of accrued leave in the public sector
- certified payments totalling $576 million for 2015 royalties for regions projects.
The Office of the Auditor General serves the public interest by providing Parliament with independent and impartial information about public sector accountability and performance.
The work we do matters to over 2.6 million people living in Western Australia, and you can be part of it.
As a graduate financial auditor with our Office you will receive:
- intensive induction training
- financial, leave, tutoring and practical experience support for qualified accountant status
- ongoing structured formal and informal Professional Development
- work/life balance with flexible leave and working arrangements
- a Public Sector career pathway
- a competitive remuneration package
- exposure to interesting, varied and rewarding work.
Completion of the program opens up a wide window of opportunity in financial, information systems, compliance and performance auditing.
The Office of the Auditor General is a Recognised Employer Partner of CPA Australia; and a Recognised Training Employer with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Mandy Murray on
(08) 6557 7500.